Today was a true celebration of the 50th anniversary of Disney’s “it’s a small world” attraction. There were online and in-park sing-alongs, musical performances and even a special Google Hangout with Disney Legend Richard Sherman.
ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America” in Times Square in New York City kicked off the celebration this morning with a live sing-along. Choirs sang live at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, plus a choir at the Unisphere in New York at the original location of the 1964 World’s Fair, where “it’s a small world” debuted.
Guests have been experiencing the magic all day at Disney Parks around the world. Here are the details for each park:
- At the Walt Disney World Resort, hundreds of Magic Kingdom Park guests are joining in the song during a special “pre-parade” before the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.”Throughout the day, in-park performers – the Dapper Dans, Coke Corner Pianist, Notorious Banjo Brothers, Royal Majesty Maker Musicians and Main Street Philharmonic – are scheduled to include “it’s a small world” in their appearances.
- At the Disneyland Resort, songwriter Richard Sherman is scheduled to appear in a sing-along cavalcade down Main Street, U.S.A., conducting hundreds of Disneyland guests in their “it’s a small world” sing-along.
- At Hong Kong Disneyland, cast members and students from Hong Kong Children’s Choir are singing “it’s a small world” in Cantonese.
- At Tokyo Disneyland, cast members and guests are gathering to sing in Japanese at Tokyo Disneyland.
- At Disneyland Paris, a “blue carpet” event featuring international cast members is planned for on Main Street, U.S.A., with students from the European International School, singing a multi-language version of the iconic anthem in front of “it’s a small world.”