News From the Disney Parks Blog
Author: Lesley Dallas, Cruise Director, Disney Cruise Line
Hello Disney Cruise Line fans! I am honored to be one of the newest Disney Parks Blog authors and very excited to share my first post from onboard the Disney Magic. Today we set sail from New York City on what is sure to be a voyage of epic proportions… an 8-night cruise to the Bahamas featuring our first-ever Marvel Day at Sea!
The excitement here is high as guests (and crew) look forward to the action-packed day when the Marvel Universe will assemble on the ship. As Cruise Director, I’ll be giving you an inside look at all the fun. If you’re joining us for Marvel Day at Sea – on either this first voyage or one of our other special voyages from New York or Miami – be sure to show your excitement by posting your own photos and videos online with #MarvelDayatSea.
Marvel Day at Sea takes place on one epic day during each of the special Disney Magic sailings. Here are just some of the highlights of what’s to come:
- The largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship
- The debut of Black Panther and Loki as part of a Disney vacation experience
- The first official appearance of Iron Man, Star-Lord, Gamora and Groot on a Disney ship
- Opportunities for heroic encounters with more than a dozen legendary Marvel characters
- Exclusive at-sea screenings of fan-favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Immersive activities for young heroes-in-training at Marvel’s Avengers Academy
- An interactive show with Doctor Strange in the Walt Disney Theatre
- A deck show spectacular featuring incredible stunts, special effects and pyrotechnics
- An after-hours party just for adults in the nightclub turned into a Ravager hideout
Marvel Day at Sea premieres on select 7- and 8-night Disney Cruise Line sailings from New York this fall, and returns on select 5-night Western Caribbean cruises from Miami in early 2018.